Friday, March 21, 2008

Thing 10: Wikis

I was involved in a project last year which entailed converting the Library's Intranet "StaffNet" into a Wiki. I spent a considerable amount of time in redoing the Staff Manual portion (which was originally in a word document) and minutes. But I believe the time was well spent. Now, when we have changes in procedures, I'm not the only one that can make these changes. It's also easier to search than our previous Intranet.

One feature I really like is the tracking tool that allows us to easily know who has changed what. During the planning stage of the project, I was a little worried that staff would change procedures that had not been approved.

I added an entry to the 23 Things On a Stick Wiki. My attempt at poetry was pretty pathetic but I try.

No comments: